Well I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the incredible and wonderful Adele Archer, this took me a while to fill out - so sorry about that.. Adele is a wonderful blogger, writer and from what I can ascertain a terrific person. So here are some questions which I was asked by Adele, so here it goes.
- Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
As I have stated many times in my blog, my blogging is mostly cathartic. I feel when I see something that bothers me, either in myself or others, I need to write about it. Right now I am inspired by the idea of peace: people getting along with other people. I want to direct people to love, not hatred. With all the hatred in the world today, if we could just reach out in love to our neighbors next door and around the world, we would have peace.
2. Is your blogging simply a hobby? What kind of dreams do you have for it?
I came back to the blogosphere, because I missed writing. I had written before with motives that were not exactly pure. I wanted to make money - that went exactly nowhere. When you write with your mind on your wallet, and not your heart, you will not be satisfied. Remember most men carry their wallet in their back pocket - Write from your wallet, and guess where you write from? That’s right out of your…
3. What is your support system like and who are your biggest supporters?
I will have to say, my family has seen me at my worst with writing, so they are a little gun shy about my ventures. They know I have been disappointed in the past. My biggest support has come from the many page view this go around. I will say, however, my wife has always supported me in what ever I do, and when I fall to pieces, she is there with the superglue to put me back together
4. What are 10 random facts about you?
- My wife and I have been married for 28 years and we have five children, two grandsons and a granddaughter on the way
- I always wanted to be able to fly, not in a plane, but with my own wings - is that too random?
- I have always been a story teller; My grandfather use to call it lying.
- I believe in Ghosts, UFOs, The Loch Ness Monster, The Yeti and Bigfoot - But I believe Elvis is dead.
- I have a double crown, which makes it look like I am balding in the front.
- I am double jointed.
- I had brain surgery back in 2013.
- I love people, and their diversity, but I only like vanilla ice-cream.
- I was awful in English class in junior high and high school.
- I believe I am harder on myself, then anyone else - unless you ask my youngest children, then they would say I am harder on them
5. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I enjoy taking a simple thought, and expounding on that thought. I take examples from my own life, and I apply it to writing: I love writing.
6. What do you do when you feel overwhelmed with too many tasks at once?
Take a nap.
Really, I do try to prioritize. I do have to remember that “A little sleep, a little slumber and a little folding of the hands to rest; Then your poverty will come as a robber And your want like an armed man. Proverbs 24:33-34
7. What would you do with a large sum of money given to you?
I would pay off all of my debts, pay off my older kids debts, buy the twins a car, and invest the rest of the money.
8. What was one of the most moving books or movies you have ever seen?
“The Berenstain Bears’ Moving Day” was the best moving book I’ve ever read… Oh wait that wasn’t the question.
I guess the movie that has stayed with me, was “Chariots of Fire.”
Book: Dean Koontz Seize the Night - I read it about five times.
9. Where would you like to see yourself in the next couple of years?
In the mirror - sorry I’m a bit of a smart …
I would love to ditch my “Brick and Mortar” and work as a Free Lance Writer
10. Do you have a bucket list? Name 5 things on that.
I don’t have a bucket list, I don’t want to get to the end of the list, and then have to wait for me to kick the bucket.
11. What is your single best piece of advice for someone starting out in the blogging world?
Write from your heart, find your niche, read other blogs, work on your writing, don’t stop writing and most importantly NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I get to nominate 11 awesome bloggers! Here are my nominees in no particular order:
Each of these bloggers are worth your time to go and check out; they all have things to say, and a voice.
So my nominees: This is your mission - if you choose to accept it. Answer the 11 questions above in your own blog post and nominate 11 bloggers who have 200 followers or less (I am sorry, some of my nominees have more than 200, but only slightly - I just enjoy their posts, so I included them).
If you decide to make your own questions for your nominees, please feel free: or do what I did and use the ones above - they do seem quite comprehensive.
Leave a comment on your nominees’ blogs so they would be informed about the nomination and so they can decide if they want to participate or not. Make sure you include a link back to your blog post so they can have an example.
This is a great way to increase the readership of our fellow bloggers, and also increase our own personal followership.